(Green School for green Bhutan)

Friday, April 22, 2016

Message from Minister for Education to Teachers

My Dear Teacher,
I am certain that you are busy in the swing of things at school, working hard to provide the best to our children every day, going out of your ways and beyond duty. I know this because not very long ago, I was also a teacher. I am still a teacher at heart.
I know the amount of dedication and perseverance that goes into making a good school, and I certainly know how tedious it is to stand long hours teaching and correcting hundreds of notebooks everyday. But you, more than anyone else knows in the depths of your hearts that our country stands tall today because of this seemingly insignificant and mundane routine called education undertaken every day by teachers like you.
Besides Education, I do not know of any other force that is as powerful to create a future that we desire. That is why, as teachers, we are creating the future through a mission known to many as 'teaching'.
In His Majesty's Vision of Education your role is critical. That is why Honorable Prime Minister, Lyonchoen Tshering Tobgay has launched an ambitious challenge to reform our education system to fulfill the Royal Vision where teachers are at its heart. Knowing our teachers, I feel assured of your continued commitment to this important mission of education.
Our teachers work long hours under trying circumstances, sacrificing personal comforts. Thank you for reaching school earlier to welcome students at the school every morning. Thank you for sleeping late preparing lesson for the next day and correcting students' work. Thank you for buying supplies when the school runs out of resources. Thank you for modeling to our children the good values of integrity, honesty, respect, courage, hard work, trust, responsibility and generosity - values that our beloved His Majesty calls - 'Damtsi'.
Much as we have achieved, much is still to be strived for. I am confident that, with the likes of you steering the wheels of our schools, education can only get better and therefore the future of our beautiful country will be better. The stakes in our profession are high. If we fail, our nation fails. That is how important and sacred our role as teachers is.
On my part, I promise you that I will give you my best. I do not bring extraordinary talents but be assured that I will work tirelessly for the cause of teachers who wants to be good teachers - making a difference to our children. I thank you for being the candles that are self consuming to light the ways of others!
With high regards,
Yours Sincerely,
Norbu Wangchuk
Minister for Education
Share:

HRH Gyalsey

TASHI DELEK & LONG LIVE OUR KING, QUEEN and GYALSEY RINPOCHEY

SCHOOL TIME

SCHOOL TIME

FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS

SCHOOL EVENT CALENDAR

Theme Support