(Green School for green Bhutan)

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Speech given by Miss Thinley Yidzen Wangden, Second Topper of BCSE, 2016


Speech given by Miss Thinley Yidzen Wangden, Second Topper of BCSE, 2016 of Lungtenzampa MSS,Thimphu during award ceremony on 10th of March.
A word of gratitude to her parents & teachers and an inspiration for the students!
Most esteemed Principal, Teachers and my dear friends! A pleasant morning to you all. 

First and foremost, I would like to get a hold of this opportunity to acknowledge and thank the school, the Principal, Teachers, my family and friends. Although no words can truly capture the immensity of my gratitude towards them or the enormous amount of help and support they have rendered me. Being able to attend this prestigious school graced by the presence of their Majesties and Their Royal Highnesses was an honor in itself. Now, to be able to stand here and receive this huge honor, I couldn’t ask for more.
The four years I spent here, was so fleeting because of the wonderful moments and memories I made with teachers and my friends. I have always had a sense of belonging to this school, and will continue to do so.

Twenty-four hours in a day, in a typical school day like this, that’s eight hours of school, more or less 8 hours of sleep and around four more hours of getting home, resting, meals and home work. Now, how you choose to spend the remaining of the twenty-four hours, can really determine whether your end results evoke sense of pride and relief or of dissatisfaction. So it’s important to choose wisely as exams and times like this are difficult as it’s a deviation from the usual.
Never miss out the opportunity to concentrate on your teacher’s words. I couldn’t do much revision but for the few that I did, the moments that I had concentrated, laid the framework firmly. Concentration does more help than we feel it does!
What also proved to be of tremendous help was having my teachers, family and friends to turn to whenever in doubt or in need. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that the fact we could not have stood on our own cannot be denied. That’s why, I am ever so grateful to them for it was they who made this possible for me and I’m happy I could do them proud. As this has been an incredible time where every teacher, every friend and every word of faith meant so much, it has all the more substantiated how much of an impact a supportive family, caring teachers and friends who believed in you can make. They make life all the more fruitful and every task as less arduous. All the schools I have been to, all the teachers who guided me, my family who has been ever so supportive and all the friends I have come across, I’m filled with gratitude more than I am with pride.
Thank you and have a wonderful year ahead.

Share:

HRH Gyalsey

TASHI DELEK & LONG LIVE OUR KING, QUEEN and GYALSEY RINPOCHEY

SCHOOL TIME

SCHOOL TIME

FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS

SCHOOL EVENT CALENDAR

Theme Support